How I decided to end my life as I knew it...

I know I never thought about having kids when I was growing up.  In my mind, I was just trying to survive pre-teens, teens and early 20's.  When I met my husband in 1998, it became clear to me that I wanted a family.  Preferably 6 boys that would come home every Christmas with their families and we would have such huge meals and inside jokes and just love....

In 2003, I ended the infertility treatments.  In 2005, I had my tubes tied so that the mental anguish of missing even a day/minute/second of my period that ultimately came would subside.  In that same year, I told myself and my heart, that I didn't want kids anyway.

In 2007, my marriage ended and so begun my single life.  I was living it up and having a blast but still found that I was so empty.

In 2012, I changed everything. I quit a very high paying job, moved over an hour away, I started going to school full-time.  All of these things were never something I wanted or needed.  But I did them and am in a better place for it.

Around that time, I had come to terms that I wanted kids and a family.  This meant, of course, that either I adopt, I find a man that has children and I become a pseudo mom, or I find a really well-to-do guy that wants to try invetro....none of these things were happening.  And I was tired of waiting.

So I am making my own family. I started the summer of 2015 with enrolling in classes that would end with me being a foster mom. I moved all my crafting supplies out of my spare room and turned it into a kids room.  I am ready. I have made room, I have signed all the forms and passed all the tests.

But am I really ready?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....