Inside Job

So, being in this new role means I see the foster system from a different perspective.  I know that I can't talk about my clients or other things I see, while in this role. But what I can say is that I see a side of humanity that distresses me and saddens me.  But I also see all the good work and extraordinary effort parents do to get their kids back.

This means that I do see Little Man's bio mother in a different light. This does not mean that I understand her and her actions. I do not understand how she can do the bare minimum.  But I understand her limitations better.

I found out that the judge has given bio mom 30 days to do more.  At the end of March, the judge is going to decide if she will move the plan to termination or give only 2 months extension.  This is exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Mostly, exciting because it's much sooner than I assumed it would happen (and I did assume it would go to termination and not reintegration). It's also terrifying because it could be continued and continued and continued....Which is a very real possibility.

What's even more terrifying is that I may have a permanent child in the next year.  Like, I would no longer feel this need to introduce Little Man as my "foster son" emphasis on the foster part.  I could honestly say he's my son.

I want this to end in me having Little Man as my son and being able to show all of you just how beautiful he is.  But I am also trying to stay realistic and know that things can (and do) change even when going down a path that seems certain. I have to stay aware of these possibilities because I don't know if I can come back from him leaving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....