210 Days

Here is what I have learned after being a foster parent for 210 days:

1. To see the change in Little Man, it truly is amazing how much he has grown: physically, emotionally and intellectually.

2. The struggles we seemed to have in the past make me laugh.  The struggles we have now seem so minor and petty.  I find my anger dimming and my ability to breathe through it, much easier.

3. Apparently Little Man has decided to go through the terrible 2's, horrible 3's and surly pre-teens in the last month. I get asked "why?" EVERY.GD.TIME I ask him to do something.  Or I get him dragging his feet if I make him move to a different location than he thinks he needs to be at.  And if that little a-hole didn't roll his eyes at me the other day, it was only because he doesn't have that kind of coordination yet.

4. Little Man has started talking.  Like real conversations.  He told me exactly what he wanted to eat - which he's never done. Just came up to me and said, "peanut butter and jelly mommy"  And a song came on the radio as we were driving back from KC and he said, "this my favorite" - which he has never expressed a preference for something.  I hear him having conversations with his toys. These are all big things.


5.  My boy is FUNNY!  One day, he said "mommy, calm down" and it made me really laugh.  A few days later, he said it again but I knew, this time, he was doing it to elicit a laugh from me.  After he went poop, he turned to me and said: "Stinky bum, need 3 wipes mommy".  He is really coming into his personality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....