575 Days List

Here is what I have learned from being a foster mom for 575 days (roughly 19 months):

  1. Boys bring farts, boogers, and indescribable smells. And I wouldn't want it any other way. I've decided I'm a boy mom.
  2. I used to shy away from being called a mom because I didn't feel like a true mom. And while that still nags at the back of my mind, I am a mom to this boy who won't stop calling me mom!
  3. I don't remember a time where I wasn't thinking about Little Man. His smells (when he's clean he smells like maple syrup), the sound of his laugh, the way he walks, and the way he snuggles with me every morning.
  4. I have come to realize that I NEED to be a mother. I cannot be childless in the future.
  5. My overprotectiveness of Little Man MAY be a tad overbearing and I need to let him make mistakes. In other words, I need to learn to chill out on these kindergarten girls that think they know my kiddo and can boss him around.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....