Spring Break 2017

I've been looking forward to this week.  Mostly because I signed Little Man up for camp at our local zoo.  The same zoo we go to almost every weekend in the summer and he's almost on first name basis with most of the staff because he's got some kind of power over people.

I'm not sure they are ready for him, though. I mean, he won't be difficult(ish). It's just that he feels things need to be done in a certain timeframe, way, and with a certain attention to detail.  My biggest example is how he likes to tell me how I'm driving the wrong way to our destination like he's driven it a million times.

But, I'm also afraid it won't keep his attention long enough and he'll get bored which also equals him getting in trouble.  I know they are prepared for kids and behaviors but I worry.

Of course, this morning was like every other morning where I have to bribe, beg, and then finally physically remove him from bed...but the difference was that I actually did it about 45 minutes sooner than during the school week which kind of pisses me off.

I mean, it's Spring Break and the kid (and ME) should get a break, right?

You're probably wondering what is going on here -
He was tired and not willing to stand but wanted to follow fat dog around

But my biggest concern was the conversation we had before getting in the car:

Me: Are you ready for Spring Break?
LM: Yeah, go swimming?
Me: No, you're going to the zoo, remember?
LM: Oh....Tank (the hippo) has a pool, I swim there...
Me: Ummmm...no, under no circumstances will you be swimming with Tank
        *Which is the worst thing I could have done because he'll now see this as a challenge*
LM: Ummmm...yes I should
Me: No, Tank will eat you and that will make me sad
LM: Ummmmm...sorry, no thank you, ma'am
Me: Well, I guess Tank will just poop on you
LM: Oh.....
Me: Maybe not, huh?
LM: Ummmm.....

So, I'm keeping an eye on our local news stations on FB to make sure I don't see some breaking news report stating that there is a 6-year-old found swimming with Tank the Hippo at the local zoo.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....