Daycare Woes

Can we take a minute to talk about how expensive daycare is?  I mean, I know I want quality and safe daycare for Little Man. I want him engaged and learning. I want him to do things and expand his mind.

But I don't want to pay for that. It's a horrible double standard.  I completely understand that I need to pay for what I want.  I guess I should say I CAN'T pay for that. I wish I could.

What I also struggle with is finding good quality daycare that will take DCF payments.  It's hard to find and in my area.  There is this perception that DCF payments equate poor people.  But with the costs of daycare, your average person can't afford daycare all the time.

The "nice part" of fostering, is that I do get help with daycare costs.  My agency pays roughly $2 an hour for daycare. Which is insanely low and doesn't cover much of the cost.  But it does help.

When your average person, who doesn't have assistance, pays $150 a week...what does that leave from a paycheck that is probably already pretty low?

I want good daycare of Little Man.  I want him to go places and experience things.  But $150 a week is A LOT of money on a single income.

I know this isn't new information or a new issue.  But that just means that there has to be something we can do....something has to change....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....