Memories Past

I remember when I was in kindergarten, 1st grade and having field day.  The running, potato sack races and tug of war. It was always how you celebrated the end of the school year and you got to be outside rather than in the classroom.

This week, Little Man had his field day and I was so lucky to get to attend it.  Now, you all may remember Little Man and soccer.  He was super excited to do it but for only about 20 minutes.  The way the school set it up, the "upper classman" were manning all the stations and each class moved between 10 stations for roughly 2 hours.  As you can imagine, he lasted about 3 stations before he walked over to me and stood there asking to go home. Never mind, he still had the whole 2nd half of the day to do even after all 10 of the stations.

I really had to get him back in the group but once he was focused and I started helping him through all of the stations, he had a blast.  And it brought back so many memories for me.  And it made me reflect on the fact that these are going to be memories he makes.  There are some things that he remembers and I find it interesting that THOSE are the things he remembers.  But I always wonder, should something happen and I not get to keep him, will he remember?

Will he remember the giggles and the laughter?  Will he remember Aspen and his room?  Will he remember me?  


Will he remember this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....