1,130 Days

Here is what I have learned from being a foster parent for 1,130 days:

1. It. Never. Gets. Easier.

2. The capacity to love a child who is not yours is incomprehensible. It makes my heart feel boundless.

3. It would have been cheaper to buy a cow.

4. You don’t have to birth children to have the mama bear instinct.

5. Knowing what I know now, I’m not sure I would foster in the first place but I am eternally grateful I took this challenge and brought you all along.

A week from today we find out if the agency will approve the split of Little Man and his siblings.  I will find out if we can move forward or have to hire a lawyer. The social worker submitted a 12-page letter to DCF requesting the split and all the reasons why it would be good.

November 26, we go to court for Mr. T for termination. Things are happening quickly now.  I've waited so long for this and now it feels like we're in fast forward.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

My concerns confirmed