Hurry Up and Wait

With every line item checked off towards adoption, there is a time period that comes afterward that kind of takes away from the glow of checking off an item.

Today was SSI.  Kansas Legal Services called today to verify a lot of what I had already provided for Little Man to get SSI.  They were submitting his application for SSI this afternoon.  The woman we worked with stated she has no doubt that Social Security will approve it.  

But it will be 4-6 months, most likely before that will happen.

Which pushes back some plans I had.  It probably means I'll have to renew my foster license AGAIN.  It means the educational needs of Little Man are going to have to be handled differently than I wanted.  We will continue to have people in our home every month and this dysregulates Little Man every time.  

I truly had hoped this would be done by March.  But it's not looking like it. I should be happy that things are going the way they are.  That we're in the home stretch.  Because really...after 3+ years, what is 4-6 months more?

But I'm ready to move on and focus on the boys and not have to jump through hoops. I'm ready to move into the mental space of being a mom with no strings attached. I want to be able to proclaim "I'd like you to meet my son(s)"

Instead, I will continue doing what I've been doing for 40 months and love these boys beyond measure and just wait for the day where I'm no longer having to document everything and answer to a state that doesn't know my boys other than what they see the 30 minutes they are around them a month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....