Yet another blow

So through this whole process, I've kind of always villanized the people that had Little Man's siblings.  They were kin to the kids (albeit distant) but didn't want my guy.  No one wanted him.

Fast forward 353 days and those siblings are no longer with kin because they are so high needs.  And yet, Little Man has improved and grown....anywhoooooo

So, the family that had his siblings and I have started talking a few months ago. Just before they had his siblings removed.  And I can honestly say that we are all on the same page about the bio parents not being able to handle all three kids.  And I learned a lot about the family, as a whole.  I no longer wish them ill will but I'm still very hesitant around sharing things with them.  Especially now that they no longer have a dog in this fight.

Last night, I spoke with the father and we talked about some issues he's run into. He seems to have decided his goal in life is to destroy Little Man's mom and dad.  Again, he doesn't have the 2 other kids, he just doesn't want any of them to go back to them.  While I appreciate his desire to keep the kids from going back I'm just not sure about his motives. And I'll listen to him rant but there is very little I can do in this case, other than love my boy.

With that said, we touched on some topics from past issues.  Namely, the sexual abuse investigation I initiated in November after Little Man went to their house for a visit.  Long story short...DCF never went to them or the kids to investigate.  They closed the case because Little Man was non-verbal at that time and couldn't really substantiate the incident.  But DCF never investigated it.  NEVER INVESTIGATED IT.  How many other cases have been closed but never investigated?  How many kids have been abused and nothing has happened to their abuser?  What message are we sending out kids?

I'm so beyond scared for what is going to happen to my Little Man in the future but I am livid and confused as to how much this system is failing children.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....