Dating and Fostering

So, back in June, I started talking to a gentleman. Usually, for me, talking does not equate dating. Because dating in your 40's and using on-line services usually, equates douche bags.

But for some reason, this guy got through the defenses and we've been exclusive for over 4 months now.

So this brought about a whole new complexity to being a foster parent.

I mean, how do you have a conversation with someone about the fact that "I can go on a date or two with you but I hope you know that eventually, you're going to have to go through a very intrusive background check, along with your kids (all of them)."

But he did it.  Everything I've asked him to do, he's done.  Every horror story I've tried to scare him off with has been met with a nod and "OK"

And Little Man has been pretty good with it.  We've had some regression on anger and the need for constant attention.  But he also has a new man to look up to.  He's become very open to another person being in his life and mine too.

I still struggle with juggling everything.  The time the man friend needs and the time that Little Man needs.  I've gotten good at having someone over after Litle Man has gone to bed.

But I've noticed that Little Man has started acting up again.  I have to wonder if this is going to be my life from here on out?  The up and down of his anger and need for attention...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....