Mother's Day 2.0

I'd like to report that I slept in, I had breakfast in bed served to me by two wonderful children and a manfriend.  We have lunch plans but I was given the luxury of some alone time where I can soak in the tub, have a fancy cup of coffee and maybe read.

I'd like to report that but instead what has happened is this:

6:45 a.m. (A.FUCKING.M) - Little Man comes crashing into my room and plants his knee right into my bladder - jarring me out of bed immediately.

7:07 a.m. - Mr. T is screaming in his crib because he can hear with his supersonic ears, that Little Man and I are awake and doing things without him.

7:45 a.m. - Mr. T has started his breakfast and I have started Little Man and I on an art project for my mother and Manfriend's mother - to be presented at lunch.

8:32 a.m. - first breakfast over and art project just about done - Mr. T takes first dump of the day and requires a bath.  I've started a load of laundry

8:55 a.m. - second breakfast has begun for Mr. T and Little Man is now demanding peanut butter and jelly.

9:34 a.m. - Manfriend is finally responding to messages but I can clearly tell he is not truly awake.

10:00 a.m. - 2nd dump of the day is had by Mr. T and now I'm beginning to think he is expecting 3rd breakfast. I've started the 2nd load of laundry.

It is now 10:19 a.m. on Mother's Day and I have yet to take a shower, eat, figure out what I'm wearing for Mother's Day lunch with my mother and Manfriend's mother, which we leave for in about 2 hours.  I know the following things will still need to happen in those 2 hours:


  1. Dress both boys
  2. Somehow get a shower
  3. Debate keeping Mr. T awake all day or put him down for a scream fueled nap NOW
  4. Re-feed both boys because they are STARVING even though I will tell them 3,529 times that we're going to eat something at lunch.
  5. Pack a bag that will contain EVERYTHING I can think of to entertain both boys during a lunch yet ultimately forget the ONE thing that they must have to be content in public.
  6. Re-dress at least one because they have spilled something or hate what they're wearing.
  7. Give up on wearing makeup or doing my hair so I don't look as frazzled as I feel and just hope no one looks at me.
  8. Finally - get everyone and everything into the car and drive 45 minutes to lunch.  Which I know will put Mr. T to sleep and will make him cranky when we arrive (I'm hoping food will quell his anger.)
But my blessings are too many to count and I shouldn't complain.  I have two boys that are playing together today with ZERO tears or yelling.  I have a village that celebrates all of us EVERY day.

Happy Mother's Day to all.
40 days later and they are finally playing together (and nicely)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....