And just like that....

I got a call on Monday that Little Man's mom had relinquished rights.  Just. Like. That.  

We were going to TPR next week.  She had been saying for a year that she would never relinquish - they were going to have to pry those kids out of her hands through trial.  And she relinquished. 

I was stunned.  Because mom has always stuck to her guns and been stubborn about things. I did not expect this.  I sat on that news for about 5 seconds and then started calling anyone and everyone.

We are moving to adoption....


I lived in this blissful world where adoption is within my grasp for about 2 hours....and then my worker called me and informed me of all the hoops she feels I'm going to have to jump through as a way to prepare me.

Siblings, in our state, are very hard to split through adoption.  My agency is already putting in a request to find an adoptive resource for all three.  So they won't have to split them.  Nevermind they have been split for the entire time they have been in custody.  Nevermind there is suspected sexual abuse against my little man by his brother.  Nevermind the trauma this would incur.  Nevermind that they were split due to anger issues with the youngest one toward mine.  Nevermind all of that....

I get it, it's going to be hard. I'm going to have to fight for it.  And most likely win, but it's still going to be expensive, exhausting, and long.  I'm willing to do whatever it takes. 

I just wish, this one time, it was going to be easy.

So, for now....I guess I need to armor up and prepare for battle.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....