Approval





Approval is a funny thing.  I don't want to think I need anyone's approval to live my life but in the foster world, approval is everything. And in adoption, there are so many things that require approval that day to day life is never normal.

Approval for taking him out of state, approval to enroll him in sports, approval to get him on meds.

In adoption, approval is everything.  We have to do a home study, negotiate subsidies, get approval and then start legal proceedings.

In my state, adoptive resources have to go through a BIS (Best Interest Staffing) with the agency and DCF in order to be approved to adopt the child.  They look over the facts of the case, the length of time the child has been in placement, the needs of the child, and the overall stability of the adoptive resource.

Today I was informed today that I was approved to adopt Little Man.  Little Man is going to be mine.

We are getting closer and closer...

Comments

  1. 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My concerns confirmed

The B Word