140 Days (5 Months) List

Here is what I have learned from being a foster mom for 140 days (5 months):

1. This little man that calls me mommy changes almost daily.  Just when I think I've figured out all his quirks, needs, wants and desires, he goes and changes/adapts/wishes for more.  It's exhausting but exhilarating at the same time!

2. For every meltdown we have, there are weeks worth of good times.  This ratio has changed drastically from when he was first placed with me.

3. Little Man is good with change, as long as I prepare him for it.  Not unlike many of us. But the time it takes to get him prepared is long and drawn out. The reverberations of this change is felt for days.

4. Giggles and full on belly laughter is not unusual anymore and that makes me absolutely overjoyed.

5. My Little Man wants nothing more than to be of service to me and others.  We all could learn a lot from him.


With this 5 months comes some changes.  I found out recently that Little Man's bio mom will most likely do some time in jail and that means no visits for at least 6 months.  I'm afraid of what will happen after those 6 months but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy that we don't have to have visits for 6 months.  It's a mess and since I'm now working for the same company that is my foster agency, I'm beginning to have a different understand of his bio mom and how the system is being worked in this case.  I need a few more weeks to understand things but my feelings towards her have changed a bit. And that has me concerned too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....