Some major changes coming

Well, back in December, I left a job that was only part time. I loved it but wasn't exactly happy. And I also knew that in the future, I was going to need benefits that would cover myself but also a child that I hope to eventually adopt.

This last week, I interviewed for and was offered a job.  What's interesting is that it's for the fostering agency I work with.  The same one that demanded I take this blog down.  The same one that I feel is failing Little Man.

First, I am not a social worker.  I have zero desire to be a social worker.  What I will be doing is supporting social workers.  A lot of what they do is administrative.  I'll be doing that.  So I may attend case plannings, court appearances and even supervise visits between families.

I do not think this is going to be an easy job as I am a foster parent.  I have a biased opinion. With that said, I am going to hope that being a foster parent helps me and the clients I'll be dealing with.

But the big picture, for me, is that I am building a life for myself and Little Man.  One that I hope means that I will require insurance for myself and another little man....

I would say the only bad part of this is that I am going to be working a lot.  Lots of overtime, lots of nights, lots of weekends.  The money is going to be great.  But I do not want to miss time with Little Man. I had the opportunity for another job but it was going to be 12-hour shifts and I could not conceive of missing any time with him. Not to mention, finding someone willing to go through licensing and background checks to sleep over was going to be impossible.

But I'm excited to see where this takes me. I'm excited to make money again! But mostly, I'm excited to see the foster system from a different view.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....