Lost It

It seems like every week, I'm asking Little Man where something is.  His answer in the past was just to shrug his shoulders but now it seems he's learned "lost it"....

Today, I had to be in KC for training, which is normally only about an hour away.  Training was supposed to go until 4 pm.  My mom was going to get Little Man from school and keep him until I got home.  Along with all of this, we had our monthly visit scheduled.  So a lot to deal with on a good day.

Well today, it decided to sleet, rain and snow.  So they sent us home early which is good...I wanted to get home.  Our monthly visit was cancelled and it took me almost 3 hours to get home.  I managed to get home in time to get Little Man from school.  And I saw the absolute joy on his face when he saw the snow.

But as we started the trek home, I noticed he was shuffling and then I noticed, no shoelace in one shoe.  When I asked where it was - shrug and "lost it".  When I asked why...shrug.  There is a little boy that walks half way home with us. He's in kindergarten but not in Little Man's class, he told me Little Man took it out in gym class.  When I asked, again, why he took them out - shrug.....

Is this a preview of what teen years are going to be like?


All total, we have "lost" - 

  • 4 shirts
  • 3 hats
  • a shoelace
  • 5 gloves (notice the odd #)
  • 2 diaper bags
  • a book

As you may remember, he had a tendency to bring things home from school in his pockets and diapers.  He has ceased shoplifting from school but instead has become an early Alzheimer's patient at 5-years-old.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....