Changes....They are hard

So, with all the changes we are going through, it's not just Little Man that is struggling.

We've had to change our schedule for me.  I still get to take him to school but I have had to have others pick him up from school and I think I've found him an after school day care.  But it means more change.  I'm struggling to not be there for him after school.  I know it's all for the greater good. But I'm struggling to find a happy rythmn to our schedule.  It's only been a week and I have to remember that things will work out.  I know it's been hard on the two of us and we're both struggling to find that rythmn.  He really strives when there is structure.  We're getting there.

My new job is good. I mean, it's super overwhelming and exhausting but it's good.  The insurance is great and it comes with vision and dental.  I don't know when it became so important to me that I have insurance. But the fact that I get paid, get overtime and get good insurance is the biggest reason I took this job.

Actually, the insurance is the only reason I took it.  I do want to do good for children. I want to be able to help kids that are in the system.  That's why I got into foster care.  But that's not THE reason I took the job.

I took the job because I truly hope that I will be able to adopt Little Man some day and I'm going to need to give him insurance and a stable living arrangement.  So, while this is not my ideal job.  I'm not doing marketing in this job.  The job is just a job.  But it doesn't matter anymore what I want from my life.  What matters is Little Man...


I'm not sure when it happened.  I mean, I always knew he had my heart.  But at some point, he took my heart, soul and life.  He took my life, my attention and my desire to do anything for myself.

I see him running, jumping, loving, laughing and growing and my life is complete.  I am amazed, on a daily basis, how much I love him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....