90 Days Today

Today I celebrate having Little Man for 90 days.  In those short amount of days, I have learned this:

1. In the past, I would have argued you can't fall in love with someone that quickly.  How wrong I am. You can give someone your heart in a relatively short amount of time.

2. Sometimes, not knowing how to deal with behaviors means you're open to advice, opinions and trying unorthodox things.

3. Real fear is when your child is hurting and you can do nothing about it.

4. When I am told that the chances of Little Man going back to his mother are ZERO, my heart overflows, and my hope is reignited that this little man is going to be mine. I just need to be patient.

5. Christmas is a foreign concept to Little Man (as was Halloween and Thanksgiving), but I am thoroughly enjoying seeing holidays through his eyes.

Little Man is getting more and more comfortable with me, his home, his doggie and his family.  He loves his Amee and Papa.  He loves his Fi.  He loves his church family.  But the biggest thing is that he is loved.  Probably more than he has ever been.  Now, I don't actually know that for sure, obviously.  But after everything I have heard about his life before me, I think I'm not far off from the truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....