Another First

So, Halloween was a first for Little Man.  While it didn't go as planned, I know he still enjoyed what we did.

Christmas is another thing he just doesn't understand.  It first started in WalMart, when I would see the Christmas trees and ask him about them.  While he's not able to verbalize a lot, he still never seemed to understand what Christmas was.

Last night, we had a box on our porch with a Christmas tree in it.  He wanted to put it up and so I went out to the garage and got lights and ornaments.  He was so excited to put the tree up.



He still doesn't quite know what Christmas is and I think it's a combination of never having a Christmas because his family could never afford it but also a portion of it is because of the developmental issues.

I have planned to wrap 25 books and he can open one each night starting December 1st.  He's really gotten into reading a few books each night and I want to encourage that further.  Most of them are going to be coming off his own shelf and I am not sure if I can make him understand that we only open one a night, but it'll be fun to see him get excited to unwrap a gift.

Christmas has always been a hard time for me. I tend to get really depressed and withdrawn.  I don't want him to go through that, but I also want him to have a good Christmas and understand just how thankful I am to have him with me.

Most of all, I need to keep my gifts in check because I know FOR A FACT, I have gone overboard on gifts for him.  I was patting myself on the back about being done with gifts to only realize that I'm done with him but have the rest of my family to buy for....WHOOPS!  Maybe they'll understand?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....