Reporting

So, without going into detail because I can't...I had to call DCF today to report an incident with Little Man.  I'm not going to talk about the incident or any part that may come after this call.  What I am going to talk about is how powerless I feel.

My Little Man goes out into this world and a lot of the time I am there to shield and protect him.  But sometimes I'm not there and those times he is just so vulnerable.

My Little Man is every bully's dream target - he is naive and trusting.  He's a huge people pleaser and doesn't understand evil or abuse.  I imagine he feels like he deserves what he gets.

What I have to do, from here on out, is change his mind.  Tell him every day how wonderful and smart and funny and worth fighting for he is.

I have to explain evil and abuse to him so he'll understand that it's not OK for people to treat him wrongly.

I have to no longer shield him from things so he'll learn to stand up for himself.

But my heart aches for what my Little Man is going to have to go through to get to the other side.  I want to rally against the unjustness of his life and how he's been treated.  I want someone to pay.

Please...let us get through this with minimal damage to my Little Man.  Let him know his worth and his value.  Give him the knowledge and comprehension of how much he is loved.  Erase from him the pain and mental torment he may have in the future.  Make him whole.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....