Day 85

This morning, I was reminded that Little Man is not always going to be a typical 5-year-old and some mornings are hard. 

He woke up in a bad mood and non-verbal. Not sure what prompted it but I kept us to our schedule as though nothing was different. I needed him to know that the world that we have together is going to continue whether he is in the mood for it or not.

He made this one day at school a few weeks ago so I put it on him and told him it was his protection from the world. I don't know if he understood it, but he held my hand tight on the walk to school and asked for a 'kiss hug' before he went in. 



He hasn't let me walk him all the way to the school doors since, like day 3, so I knew he was feeling a bit vulnerable.

My heart aches for the pain I see in him sometimes but I have to believe that after 85 days with me, the pain is a little bit less.  He came home in a better mood and it was made even better because we took a walk with doggy, we saw Amee and PaPa AND Fi...so this kid knows he has a whole lotta people loving him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....