56 Days List

Here is what I have learned from being a foster mom for 56 days (8 weeks!!!):

1. While I don't subscribe to the gender roles necessarily, Little Man is a boy through and through. He wants to be dirty, he wants to make lots of noise, and he really has zero issue with putting his fingers in his nose. He's gross and dirty and smelly (oh lord the smells).

2. I struggle with calling myself a Mom and Little Man my son. But the more mom's I talk to make me realize that just because I didn't pop him out doesn't mean I'm not a mom.

3. I found myself standing around last week with a group of mom's and I was a part of this group. I could exchange stories and ask for advice. I'm trying to not cry about this but I have wanted to be a mom for awhile and I am...I'm Little Man's mommy. Thank you, ladies, for that. 

4. While I thought it was pretty awesome that he calls me mommy...the best thing was when he told me he loved me without prompting.

5. I am not the only clueless mom out there and that is so incredibly reassuring. To know that I'm not alone and I'm surrounded by moms that are more than willing to help. Just awe-inspiring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

My concerns confirmed