Week Six and a Day List

Here is what I have learned from being a foster mom for 43 days (that's 6 weeks and a day):

1. Telling a child to stop picking their nose will increase the number of fingers up said nose.

2. As a foster parent, I am in the dark when it comes to what is happening outside of what Little Man and I have going on.  It's incredibly frightening to think that things are being decided without any input from me.

3. I have never known exhaustion like I know it now.

4. Getting enrolled in school is easy until you introduce foster care and IEP from a different county.  I'm not sure what's going to happen, but it's not cut and dry.

5. Halloween seems to be a foreign concept to Little Man, but we have a costume that I would not have picked out for him.  But he chose it so we are going as Mario. Now to explain trick-or-treating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....