2nd Day is always the worst

I know that people always say that the 2nd day is always the worst after a workout and surgery, etc....well the 2nd day of kindergarten was the worst!

This morning, we walked to school and I took him into the gym where breakfast is served.  He took his backpack off, got his milk and then proceeded to try to walk to the front of the line.  He was told to get in line a few times before he finally figured out what they wanted from him.  And when I started to leave I hear "No, Mommy...wait" and he looked so pathetic and sad.

I said I had to go to work and that he needed to go to school and eat breakfast.  He kept calling after me "bye mommy" with those puppy dog eyes....he got me the first couple of times and I said bye back but then I realized he was stalling me so I just turned and left.  Man...he knows the buttons.

When I got him from school, he was so excited to see me.  Yelled "Mommy" and ran towards me.  I'll admit, my heart leaped when he did that.

But that quickly vanished when the angry monster emerged.  We walked in the door and he immediately turned into some other child. I asked him if he wanted a snack, wanted to potty (oh the look of death I received on that one), if he wanted to go outside and play, etc....all met with silence. I took stuff out of his backpack and attempted to ask him what each thing he made was...nothing.

Changed his diaper and found plastic letters stuffed in his diaper and jean pockets.  He just looked at me and stared.

Packed him up to go to our weekly church dinner and this was apparently the last straw because he lost his ever loving mind...he wanted to run like a feral child and when I tried to stop him to tell him to do one thing and then he could go back, he just lost it and told me no, tried to hit me, etc.  I put him in time out and it just went downhill.

I ended up going home because I'm getting the flu.  But his Ame and PaPa told me he pretty much shut down and pouted the rest of the evening. Refused to eat, talk, interact with anyone.

But, he's excited to go back to school so I take that as a sign that he's going to get through this.  He's just being tested and pushed and he's tired.  We'll both get through this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....