Day 35 List


Here is what I have learned from being a foster mom for 35 days:

1. It actually may be cheaper to buy a cow.

2. While there are services available for parents that have children with special needs, it will require so many forms, hoops jumped through and blood/sweat/tears that it can be discouraging.

3. Cartoons that Little Man likes are not intellectually stimulating for adults. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I hate Barney, Bonnie Bear and those damn crayons that never speak (I've blocked the name out of fear).

4. What scared me 2/3/4 weeks ago no longer does (i.e. haircuts, dentist and more doctor's appointments)

5. The saying "It takes a village" could not be more accurate. It is not just Little Man and me. There are so many of you involved in this young person's life. I hope he someday realizes how much he is loved and supported. And I hope you all know how much I appreciate all of your advice (truly!!) and support.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

My concerns confirmed

I Quit...For Tonight