Terror has set in

Now, I may be overreacting a bit but I am freaking out about this.  I have had Little Man almost 2 months now and he will finally get to start school on Tuesday.

And I'm freaking out because...you guys...he's special.  I mean, I know your kid is special but Little Man...Little Man is my special.

I know I've mentioned that Little Man came with IEP's (3 to be exact) and reading through them was heartbreaking.  But what I really was concerned about was just how far behind he is. And the fact that he's not potty trained yet.  And is severely resistant to the whole concept of potty training.

And I seem to be the only one concerned about him attending kindergarten.  I know, on an intellectual level, that this is going to be good for him.  That he's going to be pushed to come out from the delayed black hole that his mother had him in.

But in my heart, I also know that my Little Man is sensitive and observant.  He's going to hear the comments and teasing he'll get when they smell his poopy diaper or when he doesn't listen and gets so wound up that he practically passes out from hyperventilating and then gets angry when denied something.

I know the teachers are trained to handle this, but there are so many kids in a class, how is he going to get the one-on-one he needs to be successful?  Is he going to fall behind?  Will he come home defeated and sad?

But I have to have faith that we'll get through this.  Or, I guess, that I'll get through this.  He has seen so much pain and suffering in his short life, I want to shelter him from it in his present.  I know that's not healthy and I also know that I am not capable of being objective about this.

So Tuesday, we walk to school with this HUGE backpack on his back. I walk him into a room of 20+ kids that he's never met and hope that he doesn't hate me by the end of the day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....