Christmas Part One

So I really want to write a nasty post about Little Man's first visit with his mom in 3 months but it would be, in no way, objective unbiased or nice. I'm still dealing with some regression and anger issues - almost a week later.

What I will write about is Christmas with my extended family and Little Man. 

We left very early Saturday morning for a 6-hour drive to Northern Iowa.  I know Little Man has a short attention span for some things but a long one for others.  I just didn't know what to expect.  For 2 1/2 days of a visit, I tried to anticipate every need or want he may have for the long drive, being around strange people and then another long drive back.


I have been known to be an over-packer.  We had a small car and two other people going.  It was not fun fitting all of it in there.

We spent 2 days with my brother and his family.  They met him for the first time and just like everyone else that meets him, they fell in love with him.  The memories he has from those two days are going to live on in his mind.

                                              

He still talks about my nieces, asks about my brother and sis-in-law....he talks about the car ride and the cold.  He talks....and that is not something he would have done 3 months ago.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....