First Visit in 3 Months

Last week, Little Man had his first visitation with his mom in over 3 months.  I'll try to keep my biased opinion to myself, but I also know that I really can't do that either.

What I can say is that he came back home full of anger and energy.  He came back and announced "Mom, I'm home"

His transportation lady told me that his bio mom kept harrassing him as he was getting in the car to call her Mommy and say "I love you Mommy" but he never did.

He came home with a $20 gift card from his bio mother.  No gifts, just a gift card.

He came home to me and was happy to see me.

We have more visits in the future.  He is supposed to visit with his bio mother and siblings every two weeks on Thursdays from 3:30 pm until 5:30 pm.  This means he has to leave school early and won't be home until almost bed time.  His siblings are 3 hours away from the visitation so they'll miss almost half a day of school and won't be back until majorly late. But these are all supervised.  Which is good because I don't trust his mother or his siblings to not abuse him further.

He has visitation with his siblings and grandfather once a month - unsupervised. This I am not OK with.  For many reasons, some of which is I believe his sibling are potentially the ones that abused him recently and the reason for the investigation with DCF.  And his grandfather doesn't like Little Man.  He's made it clear to everyone that the oldest granddaughter is his favorite.  Little Man has no one on his side in his own family....

I want success for my Little Man...I want so much for him.  And the one thing it takes is patience. I am not known to be a patient person.  We are growing together.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....