Jealousy and other Sunday Musings

9/13/2015

Man, it hasn’t even been two weeks and I’m being traded in for a newer, more diverse and younger model. 

Met a friend and her godson at the park and I ceased to exist.

Fi has met Little Man multiple times.  Has had dinner with us, been to the house with him, shopped with us but today something triggered in Little Man. He only had eyes for Fi. 

We assume it’s because she brought an adorable 2-year-old with her and he felt like he had competition.  But man…he stopped listening to me, he ran off, but he never stopped watching her.

As soon as she was ready to leave, I was back in his good graces and I’m assuming, as his way of apologizing, said “come on Mom, let's go home”

Time outs were also used today – two to be exact. But Little Man stayed in the spot I put him in and he knew he was in trouble.  Once because he pretended to hit the dog and that's a big NO NO.  And another because he kept running off at the park with Fi.  But both times, he listened and stayed.  Screamed and cried but stayed.

And best of all:  

Neither are allowed in the kitchen when I'm making dinner. I look over and see this. A boy and his dog. And he shared his trucks. I'm not sure Aspen is super excited about all this attention but he loves her.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....