Payback

9/12/2015

Today was heartbreaking for not only Little Man but also my Dad.  My mom and dad had been planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland for months (really years) and when Little Man came into our lives, my dad had serious thoughts about being away from him for 10 days.  I honestly don't know who was the saddest about it.

Little Man and I drove Pa Pa and Amee to Kansas City to hop a flight.  Before though, we decided to grab lunch.  While the three adults loved the salads and stuff at Sweet Tomato, my picky eater was having none of it.  Of course, this didn't stop the grandparents from loading up his plate because he says YES to everything when they ask if he wants to try it.  I think he ate maybe a mouthful of something. I know he shoved a chocolate chip muffin down his gullet. But the proverbial icing on the cake was chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and chocolate sprinkles. You could actually see him start to vibrate.


Payback is having the grandparents pump your kid full of ice cream and then they leave the country for 10 days.

Luckily, the sugar coma came quickly:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....