First Visitation

9/10/2015

So Little Man was picked up for his first visitation with HER.

First, I was not happy that I had to leave work early two days in a row.  And while I assumed he was going to be fed while he was gone for four hours, I was mistaken.  They chose to do the visitation over the dinner hour and had no plans to feed them.  My Little Man is over an hour away from the visitation, his siblings are 90 minutes away.  He was gone for over 4 hours and was barely fed.

This is the mildest part of my concern.

My biggest concern was that just before he was picked up, I was changing his diaper and talking to him about seeing his brother and sister and he was so excited.  But then, I said that he would get to see his mommy and he got sad and said "No No...too big" (which is what he says when he is upset, doesn't want to do something, or is uncomfortable).

Broke my heart to put him in that car and see him leave.  I had 4 free hours, but all I could think about is how empty my house felt, how empty my heart felt.

And this will continue once a week....and every week will be harder and harder to let him get in that car, to go see HER, and come back a little bit sadder.

How was he when get got home?  Clingy, more loving and started calling me mommy all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....