Day One

9/1/2015


Our first night was horrible....he woke up every two hours crying and screaming.  By 4 am, he had crawled into bed with me and curled up with his face in my neck.  He twitched and cried in his sleep, but he finally slept.  We both came to, blurry eyed around 10 am and struggled to assess where we both were with each other.  I offered breakfast as a way to start the day.



This is a balanced meal, right? Cereal, banana, milk and trucks. He ate about 3 bites of each and was done.  





S needs to expend A LOT of energy. We spent about 90 minutes at the park for our first day together. He only had 2 mini meltdowns while here.  The only way I got him to listen was by telling him I was leaving and I'd see him later.  Only then would he come to me.  But he's fearless...would crawl all over the equipment without asking for help.  Never fell until the end, of course.  Being a foster parent, I have to document all scrapes and bruises...so Day 1 and I have already broken my child...

 























Someone is being so good with a new toddler in the house, but she is definitely struggling to understand her place in all of this.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....