Day Three

9/3/2015

Oy Vey....Little man had a MAJOR meltdown at the doctor's office and I had to physically restrain him. Broke my heart to do it but he was being so destructive to him and others. For being 5 and only 31 pounds, that boy is strong!


He has a burn mark on his head, hidden in his hairline.  He was terrified, he was angry and he was completely unreachable at points.  I had to literally hold him close to me to make sure he wouldn't hurt himself or me.  He managed to hit me in the face a couple of times, knocking my glasses off.  

I was angry...so angry.  And embarrassed.  I tried to keep a happy face on.  I tried to laugh it off and show him that we're friends and we're safe.  But inside, I was trying to control my anger and my embarrassment. 

We got a cream for the burn and I sat in my car after dropping him off at daycare for 5 minutes and cried. After 3 days, I was already in WAY over my head.  

7:15 PM


After a super stressful morning, we recover by cuddling and watching Finding Nemo.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Approval

The B Word

Hold onto your pants....